Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why Do Ladybugs Have Spots?| Why Do Sheep HAve Wool

Its Earth day so we must think of ways how to make this world of ours a better place. When I search in the internet I get interested to the question “why do ladybugs have spots?” and it makes me smile that I have reached the age of twenty one not knowing why do ladybugs do have stuffs like that, I think a few moment and take a wild guess that maybe it was their way of protecting their selves, then I search for the result.

One of the site answer the question in my head, (http://www.whyzz.com/why-do-ladybugs-have-spots) it says that all animals evolved to be the way that they are out of needing ways to protect themselves or adapt to their surroundings, in order to survive.

One thing lots of animals rely on for survival is the way they look. For example, many animals have certain colors or patterns on their bodies because it helps them to camouflage and be harder for a predator to spot! In the case of the ladybug, the spots help them to look less tasty to potential predators like birds who might want to eat them! Although you and I might think the spots on the ladybug make them look interesting or pretty, it makes birds or other animals think that the ladybug will be poisonous.

Wow, I was so amazed with the answer and it ends my curiosity. All things in nature have its own unique way of protecting their selves just like the sheep who has thick wool that was made of modern wool rugs. Well, the sheep will be naked without wool, (just kidding =D)But the truth is,it can make them feel warm even they are out in the cold winter. How amazing nature works that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment