Monday, December 21, 2009

The Rug That Becomes a Part of Our Family

I don’t expect that rug pads will be this useful as part of me and my family. I often enjoy sitting and playing around with my little brother which is so busy playing with his new toys that was given to him by our mother. He eventually run across and jumped from one corner across to the other for he love playing like the other kids does.

Our floor is covered by medium sized wool rugs that give us comfort and convenience every time we sit unto it. We don’t expect that this rug will help in getting more our family close to each other even by just simply playing around with my brother while sitting on the rug.
It’s good to see the rug even though we are in college. Every time we see the rug we are reminded of how it made us so close to each other while we grow. We studied far from home, so every weekend we went home to see our mother and father, oftentimes that we see the rug lying on the floor we missed it and take a rest as if surrendering the whole week of stress and hardships that we get from school.

After a few years, I and my brother both finish our course and got a job in different fields. We come and visit our home for our Christmas vacation and we are both surprised to see a different rug lying on the floor, so we asked our mother of what happened to our favorite rug? She just flashed a smile knowing how important it is to us. She softly said that old people needs to take rest right? Same also with your dear rug, I keep it safely upstairs.
We know that the rug is old, but its importance is valuable. But there are things that needs to be kept. We do understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment